Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feels like home


     Before I even start let’s just talk about the fact that it has been almost a whole year since I have updated. I acknowledge it. And I choose to blame it on the fact that we don’t have kids… not much to update except for the ins and outs of work and school. (Okay and I blame it on my own procrastination.) 

     The title of this entry came to me, I am little embarrassed to admit since I am just now writing this, in the fall. I was out running errands one Saturday while Jacob was busy at the church (I think) and I found multiple places in our new town without the use of a GPS. We have lived in Texas almost 2 years but have only live in Denton since late July. Not long after that Jacob made a statement of how much more Denton feels like home than our previous town of Lewisville did. Denton has been such a blessing to us! We love our house, which is a blessing in itself from how we found it, to our wonderful landlords, to how close it is to the church. Being near our friends and church family has been another blessing. We love the fellowship we have found at Denton Bible and living close by has made a huge difference. It also has a smaller town feel that we both love. We know we are in God’s will and pray that we stay in it always. 

     I am thrilled to announce that Jacob will be graduating from Dallas Seminary next May!! We are a few short weeks away from the 1 year count down. I will also be graduating the same day from BTCL (Bible Training Center for Leaders). This class has been an amazing experience and I can’t wait to share what I am learning with others!

     I am writing these last sentences to hold myself accountable… I plan on writing at least once a month. At this point in our lives I want to keep this updated for Jacob and I to look back on years from now. In the future I think it will be more for keeping our families updated on our lives. 

Psalm 46: 10a “Be still and know that I am God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment